Neon Sign Photo Challenge!
After a little hiatus from doing the Neon sign Photo Challenge, the challenge is returning with a few changes. It will be Monday weekly instead of monthly and just have one prompt. Any neon sign is fine; doesn’t have to be vintage. Just keep your eye open, wherever you go! You can find some cool neon signs and take photos, or go through some of your old ones and post those that fit the challenge.
May 27, 2019: This weeks prompt is:
the color red
Some photo tips for neon signs:
Try photographing neon signs at sunset or the darkening twilight right after. Usually the signs come on before sunset but the contrast won’t be as great as it is at night. You’ll get a crisper neon light line. Sometimes when you photograph a neon at night, the neon will look a little fuzzy in the photograph. Rather than hand movement, the fuzziness might be caused by the glow coming off the light.
To find some fun vintage neon signs, go to the oldest part of your town, or the oldest section of a city nearby. Many of these signs will have interesting shapes, many colors and fun swooping arrows.
To take part in the fun, follow these directions:
- Create a Neon Sign Photo Challenge Post
- Copy the URL from this post. On your blog post page with your challenge photos, create a link titled “Neon Sign Photo Challenge”. Paste in the url into the link. On WordPress, this will create a pingback.
- In your tags, add: always add NSPC. Optional: “neon sign photo challenge”
- Optional: It would be great to include the city where the sign is located.
- When you publish your post, WordPress will create a pingback that adds a link in the comments. I moderate to avoid spam but not lose legitimate comments so it may take up to 24 hours to show.
- If you are having trouble with pingbacks or are a nonWordpress blog, simply add the link (URL) and title to your neon signs photo challenge post in my comment box below on this post. Your own photos on Instagram, Flickr and Facebook are fine too. Just post the link in comments. Photographs linked need to be your own.
- Comments are moderated and may take up to 24 hours to be approved. I do this to avoid spam and so real people’s contributions won’t be thrown away by mistake
- Remember to follow my blog so you will be able to play the next photo challenge.
- The challenge will change weekly on Mondays, so please go to the most recent Monday to add your challenge.